CASA is a national voice for Canada’s post-secondary students. Established in 1995, CASA is a non-partisan, not-for-profit student organization composed of student associations from across Canada. We represent undergraduate, graduate and polytechnic associations.
Students across Canada will be running a mental health campaign called #StudentsLetsAct. The goal of this campaign is to turn the many conversations we’ve had about mental health into real action and change on Canadian post-secondary campuses.
January 30th to February 1st happening on university campuses all over the country!
By spreading awareness, creating standardized policy changes & increasing supports for mental health across Canadian universities, we can ensure that in the future, all students have the resources they need on their campus – no matter how big or small the institution is that they call home.
- Primary goal: Make federal politicians aware of the importance of student mental health and urge them to implement our recommended action (expand CSG-Disability grant eligibility)
- Secondary goal: Spread awareness of CASA and its work among students-at-large and student associations
- Get 10,000 students to sign hearts that will be delivered to the federal Minister of Health Ginette Petitpas Taylor
- Get 1,000 online letter submissions
- Ultimately: Have the federal government adopt our recommendation
Look for our booths on campus (BAC) to tell us why mental health matters to you.
Follow on us on social media @acadiastudents & @casaacae help us start the conversation by using the hashtag: #StudentsLetsTalk and #BellLetsTalk to help spread awareness!