If COVID-19 has affected your activity level this year, it is not too late to join intramurals before the semester is over! Many sports are available online to choose from, ranging from low to high activity levels- depending on what you are in the mood for and what your schedule allows. Check out the info provided below by McKaylie Campbell, the Acadia Intramural Coordinator.
- Intramural Leagues run Monday – Thursday 8:30 – 11:00 PM (two 1 hour time slots to ensure people follow the facilities max number of participants and leave time to clean equipment). The sports include Indoor Soccer, Basketball, All-Stars Multi-Sport, and Volleyball. The Leagues have begun; however, registration is still open, and if spots become available, the coordinator (me) will contact you about what team you’re added to and the schedule for the rest of the semester!
- Student YOGA and SPIN classes. Certified instructors run both classes, free for all students, and are 45min in length. Yoga runs Tuesdays @ 3 PM and Fridays @ 2:30 PM. Spin runs Mondays and Thursdays @ 5 PM.
- Weekend Student Swims. Along with open and lane swims, a student-only swim is available on Saturday and Sunday afternoons with a 20-person capacity.
- Student Skate and Student Shinny are regularly available on weekday afternoons, although times vary. Both have a 25 max, and skates are rentable at the ASC Desk.
- Walking track is open for use in 45min intervals starting at 6:45 AM and the final booking at 1:45 PM.
- Squash and Raquetball courts are open for pairs all day, also in 45min intervals. Equipment is not provided for this.
Student IDs are required to attend all events for contact tracing purposes, and students must pre-register. The leagues can be registered for on the Acadia Intramurals Page under Campus Leagues https://www2.acadiau.ca/student-life/residence-campus-life/intramurals.html
Sign up for classes, swims, skates, walking track, and squash is through LEGENDS; similar to booking the Fitness Centre. You need to set-up an account to sign up, and instructions on how to do so are on the Acadia Athletics main page https://recreation.acadiau.ca/Home.html
Our Instagram @acadia_intramurals is a great way to get information and see what is going on. Please direct emails to [email protected]
It has been so encouraging to see students come week after week, excited to participate and be physically active with friends in a way that feels ‘normal’. We also have an incredible staff at the complex that dedicates their time to cleaning all areas and ensuring activities follow Acadia University and NS Guidelines surrounding COVID-19.